GUIDELINES WHEN REQUESTING STATISTICS
When requesting information from our office we require the following information:
1. What data do you need?
2. Be as explicit as possible as to what data is to be extracted from the system. Consider a simple student headcount; students may be part-time, full-time or distance.
3. Specify how you want the output to be presented. You must state whether you need lists, totals or both. Also specify how you want the data sorted.
4. Detail about which fields you would like included in the report i.e. gender, age, nationality, etc.
5. Why do you need it?
6. Please provide motivation for your request i.e. Why is this data needed? i.e. Annual Reports, Rector’s Office, Affirmative Action Report, etc.
7. How will the data be used?. Please specify how the data is intended to be used. i.e. Submit to fees committee, published in prospectus, etc.
Note: Requests for minor statistical reports will require a minimum of 5 working days.
Large or complex reports must be negotiated with the Manager: MIIR.
We will contact you if a report is deemed complex.
STATISTICS REQUESTS FORMS